Sport and activities
With the growth of active tourism, combining sport, nature, discovery and fun, Borgo da Mare has much to offer: mountain-bike excursions; country walks; aquatic sports such as sailing, rowing and canoeing, scuba-diving, aqua aerobics in the pool, fishing and boat trips. Many other activities are available locally.
Borgo da Mare, which is conveniently situated just 4 km from the seaside, is also within easy travelling distance of the mountains, ideal for those who wish to visit the National Park of the Laga mountains or the National Park in Abruzzo where one can go trekking, horse riding and, in the winter, skiing.
One is spoilt for choice! The environment of the Marche region and nearby Abruzzo is extremely diverse. From typically Mediterranean marine and coastal areas, compact, hilly areas rich in agriculture, small villages and towns, to the highest mountain peaks of the Apennines. You can go walking in the mountains, swim in the sea and dine under the starry sky all in the same day!
Sports lovers and people who like to have a busy and lively holiday will be sure to find what they are looking for. Below is a list of activities and for further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Mountain bike excursions with or without a guide
- Guided walks in the countryside through woods, vineyards and olive groves
- Water sports: sailing with or without an instructor, rowing, canoeing, deep-sea diving with an instructor, open-sea fishing (the boats and canoes belong to the residence and are therefore free of charge)
- Tennis court only 50 m from the residence
- Two horse-riding stables 3 km
- Roller-skating rink 6 km
- Airfield for flying light aircraft with or without a flying instructor
- Golf course is 20 km away, near the village of Massignano